Stay and eat
George and Dragon
George and Dragon, Clifton - a beautiful country estate inn near Penrith with a bar, restaurant and 12 bedrooms. With an emphasis on serving excellent quality food, much of the fresh seasonal produce is grown and reared on the Lowther Estate. There are monthly changing menus and daily specials, excellent fine wines and popular local ales.
Walkers, cyclists, dogs and families are all welcome.
• Winner of Taste of Cumbria 2011
• Finalist for Taste of England 2012
• The Indepentdent's 50 Best Country Pubs, June 2010 "The food is as delectable as the surroundings."
• One of Alistair Sawday’s Special Places to Stay.
Visit www.georgeanddragonclifton.co.uk for more information.
Lowther has its own luxury holiday cottages, right on the Lowther Estate.
• “Immaculate cottage in idyllic setting.”
• “Home from home. We love it here.”
• “You have thought of everything.”
• “The Estate is a great location with fab walks and bike rides right on the doorstep."
From the visitors’ books.